Bamboo Exercise Clothing
Summer in Australia is synonymous with stunning blue skies and perfect beach weather. However, with these picture-perfect days also comes beaming sunrays and radiating heat, making exercising that little bit harder. When it comes to sticking to those new year resolutions and maintaining high levels of motivation, here’s our top five tips for exercising in summer heat:
- Time of Day – Did you know that when your body temperature changes more than .5 degrees, your body will generally react by being tired or irritable? Regardless of your fitness level, there are certain times of the day that will make your workout that much harder, purely based on the intensity of the sun. Generally, it is best practice to avoid exercising from 10am to 3pm, as it is the hottest part of the day. In order to start your day on the right foot, we recommend exercising first thing in the morning. Not only is the temperature more bearable and easier to exercise in, you’re also more likely to burn more fat by exercising on an empty stomach.
- Keep Hydrated – As nearly two thirds of the human body is water, it is an essential nutrient that assists with important bodily functions, including digestion, absorption, circulation and maintaining normal temperatures. On average, we lose 250ml of water daily, through breathing, which means it needs to be continuously replaced in order to maintain optimum health. Likewise, if you lead an active lifestyle, performance will decline with dehydration. As water helps to transport nutrients to give you added energy, without adequate hydration, you’ll experience fatigue, muscle cramps and dizziness.
- Wear the Right Clothing – More often than not, we put our lack of motivation down to either sheer laziness or not having enough hours in the day. However, there are simple steps we can take to spiking motivation levels, and believe it or not, having comfortable exercise gear is one of them. At Bamboo Bits, our bamboo exercise clothing is not only designed for comfort, it also boasts a wide range of benefits that contribute to an increase in fitness performance. Bamboo fabric is hypoallergenic, antibacterial, odour-free, thermo-regulating, highly absorbent and durable, meaning you won’t have to worry about feeling sweaty and irritated when you buy our bamboo exercise clothing online. Bamboo clothing is ideal for day-to-day wear, as well as intense exercise and yoga.
- Make A Good Playlist – If you struggle to stay motivated all year round, or simply get bored during workouts, get lost in the sounds of a good playlist. Studies have proven that music acts as a good distraction while exercising as it makes you less aware of the exertion and shifts your focus. As a result, it increases your effort, puts you in the zone, encourages you to keep the pace and generally makes you want to move more. If you don’t have time to put together a playlist, we highly recommend signing up for Spotify and taking advantage of their huge pool of exercise related playlists.
- Download Fitness Apps – Don’t be afraid to seek fitness motivation from an app, they’re there to help and guide you. And better still, a lot of the useful ones are free of charge. A few of our favourite ones are Map My Fitness, Workout Trainer and Nike + Training Club. Map My Fitness tracks your pace, distance and calories burned, and even allows you to join challenges with other community members. Workout Trainer offers thousands of free workouts, with easy-to-follow audio and video instructions, making it suitable for all fitness levels. Nike + Training Club offers a range of workouts designed by athletes and celebrities, which are categorised by strength, endurance and mobility.
Don’t let summer be your excuse to quit. Stay motivated all-year round with a fun playlist, optimum hydration, inspiring fitness apps and our bamboo exercise clothing. To check out our complete range of bamboo exercise clothing, simply click here.